After a year of continuous development and bug fixing, the 1.3 branch of EigenD has been promoted to stable. Everyone is encouraged to upgrade as it offers a great deal of new features, improvements and bug fixes.
You can download it from the Eigenlabs website:
Below is a summary of the highlights:
- Stage : a graphical user interface for accessing parameters in EigenD setups. Stage allows users to create customized layouts of on-screen controls, such as sliders and knobs, to manipulate the setup parameters that they would like to control. More information here: http://www.eigenlabs.com/wiki/Stage/
- New routing matrix: the controller routing matrix for the AU/VSTs is now also capable of configuring which MIDI messages should be sent. This MIDI routing functionality is also available for the MIDI output instruments. More information here: http://www.eigenlabs.com/wiki/Routing_Matrix/
- All factory setups of all instruments have carefully designed Stage tabs that allow for the control of most important performance parameters of EigenD
- The Tau factory setups have improved a lot and received MIDI input support, amongst other things.
- All instrument quick reference guides have been updated to reflect the new features.
- Belcanto now supports sending program change messages to AU hosts and MIDI
- Addition of ‘legato mode’ for selecting the same MIDI channel when an Eigenharp controller is active. This allows notes to temporarily be sent to the same MIDI channel even if polyphonic channel cycling is activated.
- Improved sleep and wake from sleep support when EigenD is running.
- Much improved USB driver for Windows.
Detailed release notes are available as usual as a PDF.